Thursday, July 24, 2008

GP's visit...

Yesterday i receive a letter from my GP saying 'your test result have arrived and it is important that you make a follow up appointment to discuss the result'...sangat scary plak bunyi die...a bit cuak i must say...Fiancee was worried too and urged me to make the appointment asap...saye klu cuak a bit reluctant to do it but as usually kene bersyarah la dgn fiance...

just to recap what really happen...last march, i did my medical checkup for student visa...then the GP found that my thyroid gland is a bit up...she's a bit worry and ask me to come again later in the year for a check up...saye mmg malas nk kisah kan, so saye buat2 x paham...tapi in May i had this huge lump at my lower back, ok not really huge tp blehla rase something abnormal...so saye dgn cuaknye told fiance and he suruh check with doctor...but i hate going to see doctor...ye saye tahu saye aderla bakal doktor...tp i must say i mmg hate going to see one...hehehe...jd saye x pegi2 tp i keep complaining and worrying about the lump sampai fiance pn dh x larat nk dgr...jd kene la pakse buat appointment and I finally gave in...

Jumpe the GP and she says its a 'sacroilliac ganglion' and its harmless...owh did i mention it gave me this really back pain whenever i sat too long...but she says there's basically nothing can be done...ciss rugi jer pegi, but she seems to remember about my thyroid and wanted to do further investigations...jd saye pun akur....kene wat 24hr urine collection (yes its disgusting and sgt impractical for me yg 24 hours di hospital, ok exaggerating...tp u get what i mean...and a blood test before 9am...aiseh ni lagi leceh, one if i needed to go to hospital its either before 7.30am (klu pi ward round) or klu class start kul 9am, mane sempat nk pi before class and klu i got no class in the morning, who on earth nk bgn early....hahahah eh sekali sekala je i get the chance to sleep in...so saye x buat2la sampai lepas cuti hari tu...2 months after that to be exact....hahaha

Anyway i made an appointment this morning and the receptionist say they have an opening at noon...so i said fine and trus pi...fiance wanted to come in with me, so he did...masuk2... from the doc screen i can see my result and a couple of them are in red, hmmm confirm x normal...either too high or too low...cuak2...

My vitamin D is 20ish, normal range should be 50-150....hahaha jd kene la bersyarah for not having enough sunlight....ye saye mmg xde mase nk kuar...pastu my iodine is 35mg and she says it should be 45mg....haha kene lagi bersyarah...pastu she said my thyroid is working too hard to keep my thyroxine level at a normal level...so ke arah nk jd hypothyroidism...no wonder la susah i nk lose weight and asik depressed and fatigue je....haha alasan but anyway she prescribed me a strong dose of vitamin D, iodine drop that taste like crap, and thyroid support supplement...haila...

But there is a good thing from all these...hehehe...now i have the opportunity to keep saying to fiance... 'sian baby Q, baby Q sakit...' hahaha memancing attention...suke! and yes now that i need more sunlight...fiance need to bring me out shopping more and due to i 'sakit', bleh demand mkn macam2...hahah like i haven't done that before...anyway let's just hope i get everything in my body to the normal level...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment