Friday, July 11, 2008

My bro's wedding

So the weekend before my engagement was my bro wedding. I felt a bit guilty for unable to help a lot this time since i came back a day before. I did his tunang hantaran last time n when i came back the hantaran was 95% siap. Wah sungguh hebat cz it was so lawa.

Saturday 14 June 08

Our theme was green as abg has always like hijau n the female side was orange. Giler contrast. Anyway the night before i was so bz kacau-ing him. Sian die since he has to take it all in je. I knew he's waiting for a revenge je at that time (and yes he did...the night before i got engaged). Hehe. Anyway, a week before, my cousin and i made a bet with him on his numbers of lafaz. Serious jahat. Wasn't my idea tho, I was just participating. If I won, great. If not, no harm done (yeke?). Haha.

But anyway, on Saturday the akad was at 11 n as always saye siap lambat n we arrive like a few minutes b4 it starts. Ummie greeted us kat pintu masjid n she was like "masuk cepat, nasib naik ayah x marah". I smiled guilty. Once dah duduk, I saw my bro infornt the tok kadi n somehow I felt different. A lil' bit sad. Didnt know why but I tried not to make it overwhelmed me..

He did it in one lafaz, as i thot act. And of course i lost the bet. Then he went to salam my dad, ummie, the PIL, me and my bro. When I hugged him and congratulate him, my eyes watered and he saw that. He was like ''lex la babe'' and I broke into tears. I didn't know why I cried. Well I do actually, all I can think was, if only mama was here...she had missed a lot of our precious moments and she will be missing many more...well...its more the other way round...now that she's gone, every single moment of our life will no longer be shared with her.. Iguess that was enough to make teary...then my uncle (my mama's half brother) hugged the three of us (he's a big dude) and said "all that is missing...is mama". Of coursela that make me more teary kan. And he hugged me all the way out of the mosque n i was like ''ayah su nie, not helping'' and he laughed (he is famous with his evil laugh). And owh yeah photographers was taking my picture in tears like there is no tommorow ok. Ciss sure buruk gamba haku!

I went back home with my younger bro driving. Cis die pakai sunnies, cover! Haha. We all drive giler slow. First time jalan balik from kajang took that long. Dah la I was whinning before we went because I was lapa but for some weird reason I was no longer hungry when we arrive home.

Anyway we had a few hours before bertandang to the female house. Lepak2 at the back and the two of us sat with big brother sitting in the middle hugging us. Had a little brotherly talk and I broke into tears lg. Hampeh tul la diorg nie. At this moment, I wish I hd a sister to cry together... Hehe. Owh well it was sad but it is another precious moment.

Redo my makeup and off to the female house. Seeing my bro in orange was like seeing Raja Mongul. Haha x larat gelak. Tapi when both of them sat on the pelamin, they look great. Had a couple of pictures after a few drama berlaku. Adik hilang. Well die kan everyone nk dukung. So wkt nk tangkap gamba, the one who was dukung-ing him was out of sight. Haila..Drama.

Then it was mkn beradab with the pengantin n we left...

Sunday 15 June 08

Sunday was our day. By 10, we were already at the dewan. I went with slippers je dulu. Sakit kaki 4'' semlm x abis lg. Plus since br nk setup2, i couldnt bother running arround in heels. We had our own tasks (Well me and Iwan jela kan, since adik can barely walk). Haha.

Younger bro was the floor manager n the dj. Basically he runs all the infrastructure stuff. As for me, everything else. From briefing the girls giving the several different types of doorgift to how should the flowergirls walk. At the same time making sure food are always filled up and also be present at the front with ayah n ummie to greet families and friends. So i'm basically running to n fro. And by that time I had to change into heels. Takkan nqk wear slippers. But i did think evrything thr. Mule2 i was wearing 5'' stilletos tp looking at the distance from front dewan to the dewan, I change to a 3''. Nasib baik a brought like 4 shoes. Wise move.

There were so many familliar faces that came that I havent seen for so long and most of them remeember me and were wanting to talk to me just because a lot of them haven't seen me for years after my mum's passing. And it is heart breaking when people keep saying ''you really look liked her...''. and some of them became teary remembering her, which was harder for me. But in a way I'm glad that I carry a little bit of her in myself everyday...

Eveything went smoothly. My younger make sure everything went smooth. Haila he's a keeper sungguh. From finding the car for the pengantin, kompang, silat, mc, dj and songs choices. And the next week, went all out for his sister pulak. I'm blessed...

We were so bz that we didn't actually see the merenjis, potong kek and etc. I did not even eat until 5pm pun. My parents were bz in front greeting visitors but I did manage to go and see my bro 5 minutes before bersanding. He look great in green and his wife look so gorgeous. Even though we missed most of the ceremony but bro i really hope you had a great wedding...

*more pictures will be added later, once i got the official paid photos

No comments:

Post a Comment